Chairman: Prof. Dr. Nasreen Aslam Shah
The Department of Social Work was established in 1961 and it has continuously responded to the societal and corporate needs by developing trained professional social workers. The department boasts of having very successful alumni.
The Department strives to strike the right balance by creating a strong base of theoretical inputs combined with a rigorous Industrial / NGO exposure of nearly 12 credit hours, through the field work training which is an important part of the curriculum. Through this training, students are provided opportunities to integrate their theoretical knowledge with the practical world and enquire hands on experience to deal with the variety of complex societal problems as challenges. The students are placed in government and non-government organizations for obtaining knowledge in the fields of community development, school, social work, and medical social work. The students of M.A final year are bound to carry out research projects to be submitted at the end of the year.
Teaching and Assessment
Students are involved in theoretical discussions, research activities, symposia, lectures and dialogues with different NGO’s. Assessment is by means of examinations (semester examination and midterm tests) assignments and other written and oral presentation.
The social work graduated students are working at various administrative posts in Government settings as well as in different NGOs Along with this; they also have opportunities in the following organizations:
- Ministry of Social Welfare and Special Education.
- Women Development.
- Bait-ul-Mal Department.
- Medical Social Service Projects, CDGK, RCD Projects, Jails, etc.
- Ministry of Population Welfare.
- Ministry of Labor Welfare.
- Educational Institutions.
- Research Organizations.
- Health Care Organizations.
- Administrative positions in National and International NGOs
- Planning and development Organizations.
- Urban and Rural Community Development Projects
- Family & Child Welfare.
- Criminology and Correctional Administration.
- School Social Work