The aims of the program are to impact theoretical and technical knowledge applicable to various industries e.g. Textile, Petrochemicals, Heavy Chemical Industries, Food, Metallurgy etc. The courses are accordingly designed to provide:
- Good theoretical background in Chemistry with emphasis on thermodynamics and kinetics.
- Comprehensive study of various aspects of Chemical Engineering and some related engineering subjects are also included.
- Detailed study of major industries.
- A new course in industry oriented Computer Science has been introduced.
- A workshop is to be established where students would get training on lathe, drill machine, glass blowing and unit operations etc.